Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Second Life"

I recently got a new computer and with it all of the latest "gizmos" like a 3D video card making it more up to date for today's 3D programs. I had heard about "Second Life" and had tried to access it to see what it was all about, but couldn't get in because of my computer's limitations.

So, armed with my new well loaded computer, I downloaded the necessary software and took a trip to "Linden" on the "Second Life" website. Talk about a whole new experience. You can choose to be whomever you want to be. I'm a mature female in reality, but if I wanted to be a young boy in "Linden" I could. I chose to be a young woman with long brown hair and that body I never had. =) I was able to dress "myself" and even style the dress I changed into. It's white at present, but I'll find out how to change that next time I go visit.

So, my alter-ego and I went about exploring our new world. We walked into a few walls before we found our stride. That's going to take a while to get all of the postures etc down. Eventually, though, I saw another "being" so approached her. I needed a friend. She was dressed in a pretty Victorian style dress, I walked over to her and she shuffled her feet and acted shy and then took off running. I didn't know how to talk to her to tell her I was friendly so I just chased her. (certainly reinforcing the fact that I was friendly. Don't you think?? *grin*) Eventually I caught up with her and found a chat where I could communicate. I told her I was new and found out she was as well. She was having computer problems so had to reboot, and had to leave. We added one another as friends, though. My first "Second Life" friend. I'll look for her the next time I'm there, and let her know that I am a harmless female only trying to find my way around this new world on the Internet.

I am really looking forward to my next trip to "Second Life'. It's free to go there and there are a lot of free things, but many build homes, run businesses just as they would in real life and buy and sell things. Hm, I just realized that "Second Life" might be a good place to promote my blogs. Thinking here. *grin*

Anyway, I felt this was definitely "buzzworthy". If you get a chance, go visit this new phenomenon at "www.secondlife.com. Let me know what you think.

Till next time,

Mary

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online