Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Computers......"gotta luv um"

The night before last I was reading my email and checking my online projects when all of a sudden my computer died. It didn't just get sick, cough, need a visit to the "computer hospital" it died a sudden and apparently painless (to IT, at least) death. Dead! Gone! Zip! Zap! Deader than a doornail. Mouth to mouth was ineffective. (ponder that a while, will ya? lol)

I have never had a computer die on me. I've had various and sundry computer issues over the years. Most of my problems could be fixed by a reboot, or a new piece of hardware. Not this time. It's so sudden, no warning. Ah, the pain of it all. =)

My first thought was our son, Steve, who is a computer expert. He does this for a living and is the first line of defense for his family, friends, and all who know him. He's the "City of Hope" for computers young and old.

The conversation went something like this:

Ring, ring, ring...........
Steve: Hello?
Mom: Steveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Steve: Mom, what's the matter?
Mom: Steve, oh Steve.
Steve: Mom?
Mom: Steve, (sniff) my computer just died!
Steve: What????????????? ( there was obvious disbelief in his voice)
Mom: It died. Black screen, lights out, no comforting buzz of the fan, nothing. DEAD!!
Steve: Oh man. Well, tell ya what. I'll try to get online and see what I can find and will send you some links.
Mom: Thank you Steve. I don't know what I would do without you.
Steve: No problem. I'll talk to you later.

That was Sunday night and this is Tuesday afternoon. I have a new computer sitting in front of me and our pocketbook is $600 lighter. Steve didn't like what he found online, so Gary went to some of the local computers outlets in town and found one that he felt was a good buy. Another call to Steve, his stamp of approval on it, and I am good to go again.

What would I do without my two men? I should have posted this in my "Bookends" blog as these two guys of mine are just that, bookends!! They look alike, they talk alike, they walk alike, and think alike. Father and son. God didn't break that mold, however, until he used it just one more time in the creating of our grandson Alex.

I'm a very lucky woman and thank God regularly for these three guys of mine.

Just had to share that with you all,

Mary

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online