Friday, March 7, 2008

Daylight savings time rant....

You can't say I didn't warn you that I was on a rant, so here goes. It's that time of year again, daylight savings time. WHY???? Why must we mess with mother nature, I ask you?? Each year I just hate it when the time changes. It takes days to adjust to this new time each Spring. We all walk around tired for days until we adjust.

When our children were babies it was really a headache. I kept my babies on schedules. They ate at regular times and went to bed at a certain time and it seemed to work out well for all of us. Then, along would come daylight's saving time. The clock would say "it's 1:00PM so time for baby's afternoon nap. But baby's body would be saying, "but it's only 12:00. Why is mommy putting me to bed when it's time to eat?" Of course I would feed them when they were hungry and put them down for naps when they were tired regardless of what the clock said, but I also had to slowly work them backwards or forwards time wise to get us all back on our schedule. We'd soon be back in sync and then along would come "FALL BACK" time and we'd be back in the same place only in reverse. I HATED IT! I still do. I think if people want more daytime in their days they should just get up earlier or go to bed later. Why should we ALL have to join in when we don't want to?

It's enough to make me want to more to Arizona or Hawaii where they don't have daylight savings time.

Aloha,

Mary

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online