Sunday, March 2, 2008

Home Decorating Project continued.....

Not long ago, Gary found this adorable lamp at a garage sale for me. I thought it was perfect for our dining room. I went to our local hobby store and purchased one of the shades that has a sticky surface which makes covering it with fabric a breeze. Isn't it cute? It's just what I needed in that room on my credenza. I have a fan with light in there, but really prefer indirect lighting, so this is perfect.

I'm struggling with the table runner. The fabric I have the most of is a smaller print and is just too busy for my taste. I think I will go see if I can buy more of the fabric I have on the lampshade to work with. I like the larger print. I can still used the small print for accents. I may even do a piecework type thing as shown using the larger and smaller prints together.

I'll keep you posted on this project with pictures and so forth. I love to decorate!

Until next time,

Mary

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online