Friday, February 27, 2009

Our carbon footprint

It's been quite a while since I blogged on ecology and the need to decrease the size of our carbon footprint. In simpler terms, we need to find new ways to lower the amount of energy we each use as well as the amount of "stuff" we dispose of too. Recycle is the name of this game.

There was a lady being interviewed on TV one day who claims to have cut her energy bill down by $100 a month by unplugging everything in her house that wasn't in use. I didn't know that our computers, televisions, clocks etc all use energy even when they're off. That boggles my mind.

One other thing that we're doing is replacing our light bulbs with led home lighting. As our bulbs burn out we replace them with something more energy efficient and longer lasting.

There is still so much we need to do before I'll begin to feel that we're doing our part in this matter. It's up to each of us to work towards the goal of reducing our carbon footprint. If you have any unique "go green" ideas, please comment on my post and share them with the rest of us. I thank you in advance.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online