Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I learn something new everyday.....

I overheard my daughter and her husband discussing "pos systems" the other day. I listened waiting for a clue as to what it was, but a clue never came along. So, once there was a lull in the discussion, I asked, "What is a pos system?"

I have to tell you that my daughter is very business savvy. I truly admire her ability to think out of the box. She can see the big picture with ease and that ability has paid off for her over the years.

I digress! POS systems are "Point of sale" systems. If you go to a department store and make a purchase, the cashier who rings it up is using that store's POS system. The cash register is tied into their computer system. It takes the product out of their inventory as it is sold to you. Besides retail stores, restaurants us these systems, as do salons. I would bet there are systems for every kind of business that there is.

Now, don't you feel smart? You learned something new today too. Have a good day.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online