Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch


Tonight on 20/20 Dianne Sawyer interviewed Randy Pausch and his wife Jai. I was spell bound by this young man who has been stricken with pancreatic cancer. He and his wife have three young children and Randy has determined that instead of crying these last months away he wants to have fun and build lasting memories for his children and his wife. Even more so he wants to leave them with a legacy of things that are to them from him, so that in this way he will always be present for his two boys and his daughter. At the end of his lecture he even said that the lecture itself was for his kids and his wife. I have no doubt that they all will watch and re-watch it as years pass. I am sure that it will help get them through some rough patches in the years to come. His story is already changing the lives of all who read his book or who have heard his story.

Once I read this book I will do a review of it here. Meanwhile, I see that it's available online at Amazon.com. I'm going to send for one. I urge you all to do the same.

Mahalo.com
has an awesome page on Mr Pausch his book, as does Wikipedia. I am excited about this book and hope you all will at least check out the links here and see what you think. If it has left me speechless, that's saying a lot. =)

If you get it and read it, I would appreciate a note so that we can share your thoughts and impressions with my other readers.

Until next time,

Mary

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online