Thursday, April 17, 2008

400 Children Rescued? What were they thinking?



I am at a loss for words over this happening. I usually have an opinion on most everything, but this situation has me struggling for answers. The number of children taken from the Texas polygamist compound, to begin with, boggles my mind. How can any authorities get at the truth in this situation? My heart goes out to those mothers whose children have been taken. Surely they aren't all abusers. And those little ones whose lives are so simple and protected as a rule, to be thrust into this strange environment and away from their parents for the first time. They surely are traumatized. That breaks my heart. How can the authorities even expect to get at truth?? What were they thinking??

I don't know. It appears to me that the ones who planned this whole thing weren't thinking, but just reacting. 400 kids, 800 parents (or so) Surely there had to have been a better way than this to find out what was going on. What do you think?

Let me know. Either email me at mary1440@gmail.com or leave a comment here. Let me know what you think. We'll all be watching with interest as this story unfolds.

Until next time,

Mary

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online