Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Simple Abundance



The other day my husband came home with a gift for me that I just have to share with you. It's a tabletop wind chime that is battery operated. (pictured on the right)

I reviewed a book called "Simple Abundance" on one of my other blogs and at the risk of shameless self promotion, I have included the link to that post below. Please read it. You will find yourself ordering that amazing book, if not for yourself, then for your wife or another loved one. It's a woman's day book and one that the lady in your life will treasure. I digress a bit here. =) On with my husband's gift. http://bountiful-books.blogspot.com/2008/02/simple-abundance-by-sarah-ban.html

Gary is a dealer in antiques and collectibles so is always visiting thrift shops, garage sales, flea markets and so on. As is my wonderful husband's custom, whenever he finds something unique that he thinks I might like, he will offer it to me first. If I like it, it's mine. How wonderful is that?? Many times I will "borrow" his treasure for a time, put it on a nearby shelf or on my desk, and just enjoy looking at it. When I feel I have absorbed all that it has to offer me in the way of visual pleasure, I return it to him to sell in his antique/collectibles business. This arrangement serves us well.

However, every now and again, Gary will find something that he KNOWS will be something that I will "go ape" over. (how long has it been since you've heard THAT?? How about GROOVY???) Well, I went "ape" over this "groovy" battery operated wind chime and I just had to share it with you. I searched on the internet and only found one place that had anything like it, though it was a battery operated water fall/wind chime. That would be nice too, but I was hoping to find another one like mine and share the link with you. I will continue to search and get back to you if I find any.

All day long this amazing little wind chime sings to me and soothes me. It's in the background and although I am not always aware of, I always hear it. It speaks words of calm to me, and tells me to relax and treasure the moments of my day. It adds a touch of simple abundance to my every waking moment. I wish I could send each of you one too.

Up to this point, I have tried many ways to get a wind chime to do it's chiming thing indoors and want to share some of these ideas with you. I found that attaching a wind chime to my ceiling fan works pretty well. Putting one near the air conditioner/heating vent also is a choice, though a challenge to find the right vent that is in a good place to hang a wind chime. Many of you have the option of hanging chimes near a window that will catch the breeze. Here in South Texas we don't leave our windows open much, but it is a wonderful option for a bit of "simple abundance" for those of you who can.

Another option would be to go to your local hobby store and see what you can find in the way of a small electric fan. The little fan strategically placed with a wind chime also strategically placed would do the trick. Let me know what you creative "simple abundance" seekers come up with.

Until next time,

Mary

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online