Saturday, February 23, 2008

Buzzworthy Grandson

Pictured here is our 17 year old grandson, Alex. He's working on the wicker furniture in our four season porch. The wicker has begun to unravel a bit around the legs and has become chipped etc, thanks to our cats and weather etc. So, Alex is gluing the wicker and then giving the furniture a fresh coat of white paint. I'm so excited about having my "quiet space" all freshined up for Spring.

This post is really about Alex, though. He is our grandson-son, although not just a grandson, he's somewhere inbetween grandson and son. He is more than a grandson and a little less than a son.

Alex is always there for his grandpa and I. "If you need help, all you have to do is ask and I'm there. Those are his words! Being in high school his parents want him to focus on his studies and not work, so he's always needing money. His grandfather and I try to make sure he has money to do what he wants to do and get the things he wants to buy. So, we pay him for whatever he does, however, he would do it for nothing, and we know it. Alex is just that way. He's not just that way with us, though. He's the kid that was dragging in trash cans for the little old lady next door when he was 7 or so, just to help her out.

I'm sure it's pretty obvious how we feel about this young man of ours. However, I thought that because we live in an age where teenagers get a bad rap for being self centered, obnoxious, drug taking, trouble making, no good etc. etc. that I would remind those who read my blog that there are many, many great teenagers out there yet. We don't hear about them as often, though, because good kids don't sell newspapers.

I think our Alex is as "buzzworthy" at they come. I appreciate him and just wanted you all to meet him this exceptional young man.

Until next time,

Mary

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online