Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas is almost here

Well, I got the last of my gifts purchased today. Now all I have to do is get those last things wrapped and under the tree and I'll be ready for the big day.

Today our minister was talking about how Christmas is all about us. I must say that I did a double take when I heard that. I have always thought in terms of Christmas being about Christ and celebrating His birth. Well, pastor said that is of course so too, but that if we think about it, Jesus is all about God's love for us. It was His love for is that caused Him to send Jesus to earth.

Well, once he explained himself, I understood where he was coming from. However, Christmas for me will always be a time of praising God for Jesus, and praising Jesus for dying on the cross for us. It's a time for my heart to continually thank Him for his love.

I praise His holy name! Amen.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online