Thursday, October 23, 2008

Buzzworthy idea, for yard swings



Any men who are reading this blog may want to move onto another blog for now. This is pretty much a woman's topic.

Several years ago we bought one of those wonderful yard swings with a canopy for our yard. We have enjoyed it so much. Over time the outdoor elements have really taken their toll. The canopy had to be taken off as it was in shreds, and the cushions were really a site as well. I have looked and looked for replacement cushions and canopy to not avail. I was ready to just give up and get rid of the swing.

BUT WAIT!!! Inspiration struck. I said to myself, "I can sew, that doesn't look like such a hard job! I can do this!! " So, I tackled it.

I didn't want to invest a lot of money right away in case this turned out to be harder than it looked. So, I went to my local bargain store and bought three vinyl table cloths. Using the fiber fill of the old cushions, I laid the table cloths on them and cut the cloths to size. Next, putting right sided together, I sewed up three of the sides, then turned the new cover right side out. I then slipped the fiberfill cushions into their new covers. Voila' !!

I have to make the canopy yet and my husband has some rust stains to chase off of the patio cement, but at least you get an idea of what an easy fix this is. Give it a try. Even if you don't sew, hot glue would work too. I must add that this fix cost me $12.00!!

I'd love to see any pictures of your handiwork. Share any other ideas you have with us too. This is a problem to many. Maybe I should go into the business of making replacement cushions and canopies for those wonderful swings.

Maybe in my next life. =)

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online