Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"Hillary, go home honey!"

I really feel that as a woman I should be shouting, "GO HILLARY" but I can't. For one thing I don't know if I'm ready for a woman president, but I do know that I'm not ready for any Clinton to hold office in this amazing country of ours. My gut doesn't trust her and is tired of hearing about her.

I'm not excited about the Republican candidate either. I think our party could have come up with someone who would represent some new ideas and encourage trust in a party that frankly is floundering in my opinion.

When "Bill" was running for office, I had a strong sense of he was doing it all for himself rather than for our country's well being. I feel that same way about Hillary.

The other day I heard part of a speech Randy Pauche (The Last Lecture) was giving. He said that he didn't get married until late in his life because it took him that long to find a woman whose happiness was more important to him than his own. I loved that and feel that way of thinking is what I need from a presidential candidate. I need to hear from someone that the well being of the United States is more important that anything. It's been a while since I have heard that from a candidate...but just maybe, John McCain does give me that.

Any thoughts on this? I'd love to hear your opinion.

Until next time,

Mary

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you think john mcain is any where nere the vacinity of hope in our country you are obviously not living in the same country as the rest of us. we are in dire straights for change and he IS NOT IT. please think it over!!!!!!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online